Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Posted by Bobby Beck at 7:57 PM
Goals and Dreams come true!

I wanted to post this awesome slideshow of one of my best friends, Dave Vasquez. This past weekend he swam from Alcatraz to San Francisco! This is something he's been preparing to do for about a year. It was great being there and talking with him when he first set the goal. Little by little and month by month he was swimming and training and making it all happen. He then started swimming in the Bay to get used to the water. Then finally the day of the race and he made it! Not only did he make it he kicked butt and did it in about 45 minutes which was great. He was going for 60 minutes!

I was so happy to be there to support him on fulfilling his goal and I got to take some snaps of the excitement that ensued!

Afterwards we talked about goals. It was great hearing his thoughts. He said, "Achieving the goal is really not that difficult. It's the pursuit that really makes it worth while." That's really stuck with me all this week. It's so true and this is something I thought I'd post here because it's damn inspiring to be reminded of! :)

It's really the journey in ANYTHING we do that makes it worthwhile and makes us capable of doing ANTYHING we set our mind to. All it takes is an idea and the first step. From there it's possible. Remember that and I hope it inspires you as much as it has inspired me. I know that this is common sense, I guess, but it's stuck with me this entire week so I know there's something to it and the inspiration of seeing my great friend do this has really been exciting! Congrats Dave, you're an awesome guy and I'm so proud of you!

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE SLIDESHOW

Labels: ,

9 comments