Friday, February 22, 2008
Posted by Bobby Beck at 8:58 AM
Shawn Kelly Wins at VES!!!

Shawn Kelly (co-founder of Animation Mentor) took home the award for "Best Single Visual Effect of the Year!" This was for his work in "Transformers" specifically in the Desert highway sequence where the robot is running like he's on roller blades and knocking cars all over the place. WOW! I'm so proud of Shawn in the biggest of ways. He's come a long way since we sat next to each other the first day of our first art class ever! He remains one of my best friends in the whole entire world and I'm just so proud to see him become so successful! He's an amazing guy and works very hard at what he does; I'm so thankful to know him and have such an amazing friend in my life! Congratulations Shawn!

Labels: ,

8 comments