Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Posted by Bobby Beck at 10:54 AM
Transformers!
Okay, first off, I'm a geek for this movie. I've been waiting to see this since I was a kid. So my opinions are probably a bit biased. :) It's a Michael Bay movie so it's fully of "cheese" but overall it was a lot of fun and exactly what I wanted to see!!! Overall, it was a SUPER fun roller coaster and one that I think will do very well.

I saw the movie with almost the entire ILM animation team and our significant others. The line was SO long and I was happy to know that Shawn Kelly saved my wife and I a spot in line. Thanks! It was awesome because several AM graduates were with us, too! Several of them worked on Pirates 3 and also Transformers! It was so awesome to see these guys/gals as they are now "professionals." It was a really neat feeling to know that they came to us and are now "all grown up." It's hard to put into words but the feeling is amazing. I'm proud of them.

A few of the AM graduates at the movie; Jimmy Almeida (AM graduate and animator on Transformers), his wife, me and Matt Garward (AM graduate, Pirates 3 animator and now at Lucas Arts).

Labels: , , ,

16 comments