Friday, July 27, 2007
Posted by Bobby Beck at 8:10 AM
Comic Con Day Snaps

Ray Harryhausen! No, really, it's him. He had just given a talk and we were able to catch him being wheeled outside. Very cool. I was going to stop him and chat but I could tell he was ready to go so instead my wife snapped this cool "in motion" picture.


One of the cool things about Comic Con is all the great movie announcements that get made there. The Indiana Jones crew had a special recorded message that announced one of the "surprise" characters for the first time. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. All I can say is that Steven said, "I'm making this movie for you guys" and my wife and I are SUPER excited and ready for this film. It's going to be so much fun!!!! I can't wait.


Wow, this was too cool to pass up!


Ugly dolls are fun and in this picture I feel like a little miniature myself. There are so many cool costumes at Comic Con it's awesome!


Lots and lots of cool toys debut at Comic Con, including this new Carlos Baena prototype special edition! Ha, ha. I couldn't help it. This was too good to be true!


Life size Jabba the Hut! Come on this is too cool. Yes, that is my wife pretending to eat Jabba's worms. So cool!


I'm a HUGE fan or Roman Dirge. He does the Lenore comic book among many other things. Seeing him talk was super inspirational in many ways. He's a very interesting guy and sees stories in everything around him. His attention span was short and flighty, but it made for a super fun hour for sure. This was really a big highlight for me.

In the evening I went to dinner with Shawn, Glen McIntosh and my wife. We had fun walking around town and checking out the gaslamp district. Very cool for sure. The weather here is awesome. At 1am it was still tshirt and shorts weather. Sweet!

Labels:

11 comments